- Dr. John Crompton
- Distinguished Professor
- AGLS Building 445
- D.L.C., Loughborough College, 1966
- M.S., University of Illinois, 1968
- M.Sc., Loughborough University, 1970
- Ph.D., Texas A&M University, 1977
- Marketing and financing in parks, recreation and conservation.
- Other Professional Experience
- Managing Director, Loughborough Recreation Consultants Ltd; Past-President: American Academy of Park and Recreation Administration, Texas Recreation and Park Society, Society of Park and Recreation Educators, and Academy of Leisure Sciences.
- Research Direction
- Marketing and financing in parks, recreation and conservation
- Awards – External-
- Recipient of the Theodore and Franklin Roosevelt Research Award (NRPA); NRPA Distinguished Professional Award; NRPA National Literary Award; TTRA Travel Research Award; Cornelius Amory Pugsley Medal; the SPRE Distinguished Teaching Awards; TRAPS and NRPA Southwest Region Fellow Awards; Minnie Stevens Piper Professor; US Department of Agriculture National Teaching Award.
- Awards – Internal
- Regents Professor; Presidential Professor for Teaching Excellence; Cintron University Professor for Undergraduate Teaching Excellence; Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement Awards in Teaching and in Research; Vice Chancellor of Agriculture Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching; Senior Fellow in AgriLife Research; President George H.W. Bush Excellence in Public Service Award.
Biographical Profile and Teaching Philosophy
Pugsley Medal Citation
- Trend Statistics in Parks and Recreation
- Repositioning of Park and Recreation Services
- Historical Evolution of Parks and Recreation
- The Proximate Principle: Impact of Parks on Property Values
- Economic Impacts of Parks and Recreation
- Community-wide Benefits of Parks and Recreation (beyond Economic Impact and No Proximate Principle)
- Pricing Park and Recreation Services
- Service Quality and Evaluation of Park and Recreation Services
- Equity in the Delivery of Park and Recreation Services
- Marketing Park and Recreation Serices (other than Pricing and Evaluation)
- Financing and Acquisition of Park and Recreation Resources
- Financing Sport
- Tourism Decision Making