- Dr. John Crompton
- Distinguished Professor
- AGLS Building 445
- D.L.C., Loughborough College, 1966
- M.S., University of Illinois, 1968
- M.Sc., Loughborough University, 1970
- Ph.D., Texas A&M University, 1977
- Marketing and financing in parks, recreation and conservation.
- Other Professional Experience
- Managing Director, Loughborough Recreation Consultants Ltd; Past-President: American Academy of Park and Recreation Administration, Texas Recreation and Park Society, Society of Park and Recreation Educators, and Academy of Leisure Sciences.
- Research Direction
- Marketing and financing in parks, recreation and conservation
- Awards – External-
- Recipient of the Theodore and Franklin Roosevelt Research Award (NRPA); NRPA Distinguished Professional Award; NRPA National Literary Award; TTRA Travel Research Award; Cornelius Amory Pugsley Medal; the SPRE Distinguished Teaching Awards; TRAPS and NRPA Southwest Region Fellow Awards; Minnie Stevens Piper Professor; US Department of Agriculture National Teaching Award.
- Awards – Internal
- Regents Professor; Presidential Professor for Teaching Excellence; Cintron University Professor for Undergraduate Teaching Excellence; Association of Former Students Distinguished Achievement Awards in Teaching and in Research; Vice Chancellor of Agriculture Award for Excellence in Graduate Teaching; Senior Fellow in AgriLife Research; President George H.W. Bush Excellence in Public Service Award.
Pugsley Medal Citation
Selected Books, Articles and Presentations