Application for Change of Major to RPTS or CDEV

TAMU Students: Application for Change of Major to RPTS or CDEV

The application below should be used only by current Texas A&M University at College Station students in good academic standing. Current students may apply to change their major to Recreation, Park & Tourism Sciences (RPTS) or Community Development (CDEV) by completing the form below. Applications will be considered by a committee of academic advisors and faculty. The following criteria are used to evaluate applications: 1) Current grade point and total number of credit hours completed at Texas A&M University. The minimum grade point ratio (GPR) required for your application to be considered is 2.0 which represents a C average. You are not guaranteed admission to RPTS with a 2.0 GPR. Applicants for CDEV must have a minimum 2.5 GPR and a grade of at least B in English 104, Math 141 and any three hour Economics course. 2) Essay that provides reviewers with information about why RPTS or CDEV would be a good choice for the applicant. For example, applicants must convey how past experiences may relate or how their interests align with this field of study. 3) Coursework the applicant has completed in the RPTS department and the grade(s) in that course(s). 4) Transfer credits and grades on transfer credits. The application process is competitive. Applicants are encouraged to think carefully about the criteria above as they complete this form. Fields marked with an * are required.

Comments are closed.