We are currently looking for people to assist on July 9th, 10th, and 11th at Veteran’s Park and Athletic Complex to make this year’s Adidas Texas 7on7 Championship tournament the best possible. We need at least 12 people on-site throughout the tournament and have broken the opportunity into 3 hour shifts over the course of the tournament. This means there are a total of 144 shifts that need to be filled, and we need your help! This is a wonderful opportunity to assist the Parks and Recreation Department, serve the community, and gain volunteer hours as a logistics coordinator.
If interested, please sign up here and note the following:
- You are welcome, and even encouraged to sign up for multiple shifts.
- Because of the length of the volunteer shift, meals will not be provided.
- You will be outside in the sun, so we encourage you to bring sunscreen.
- A volunteer shirt will be provided upon your arrival.
- Please wear professional and appropriate shorts (i.e. no tears, holes, or “short shorts”).
This unique educational experience benefits the 5th graders because they get out of the traditional classroom and see that parks are more than just recreational and can also be educational. The historical trail located at Veterans Park in College Station has great interpretive panels, statues, & memorials and many in our community visit that park for soccer and softball, but don’t know the historical side exists. Hopefully, our project helps generate more awareness about our community assets. Last year we had 1400 students from local schools participate over 4 days.