- Undergraduate Education
- B.S., North Central College, Naperville, IL, 1982
- Graduate Education
- M.S., Eastern Washington University, Cheney, WA, 1985
- Ph.D., University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign, IL, 1991
- Dave Samuels Faculty Excellence Award, WVU, 2002
- Gamma Sigma Delta Research Award, 2001
- Scholarly and Creative Activities Award, TSSM, 1995
- Courses Taught
- RPTS 336 Research and Analysis in Recreation and Tourism
Outdoor recreation; wildland urban interface; visitor management.
Identifying social and environmental factors that impact the planning and management of parks, forests and protected areas; visitor behavior and the recreation experience; trends in outdoor recreation behavior; public involvement in natural resource decision-making.