Admission from other institutions is granted on a competitive basis. Students must meet the minimum general requirements set by the University to be considered for departmental admission. The University requirements for transfer can be found on the Office of Admissions web site (http://admissions.tamu.edu/). Grade point ratio, course history, reasons for requesting the Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences or Community Development major, and other indicators are reviewed. Changes in departmental capacity may influence acceptance criteria.
Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences:
The minimum grade point ratio (GPR) required for your application to be considered is 2.5. You are not guaranteed admission to RPTS with a 2.5 GPR. You are also required to have completed at least 24 graded semester hours of transferable courses. Included in those transfer hours must be six credit hours between MATH 140, MATH 141, MATH 142, MATH 151, MATH 152, MATH 166, MATH 167, or PHIL 240. To find the course equivalency at your school click here.
- Spring applicants must have math complete by the time of application.
- Summer/Fall applicants must have math complete by May.
- What is your passion?
- How did you get it?
- What is/are your career goal(s)?
- How can RPTS help you get there?
- If your GPA is 2.8 or below, explain how being in RPTS will improve your academic record
Are you putting RPTS as your 2nd choice major?
- You must state why you want RPTS.
- If I don’t get into ____ major, my second choice major is Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences…(then go on to explain why RPTS)