The Online Certificate in Hospitality Management (HSMG), offered by the Department of Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences, is designed to provide students with an understanding of the planning, analysis, and decision-making techniques needed for management positions in the tourism and hospitality industries. Students will study and develop skills related to principles of management, sustainability, development, cultural tolerance, marketing, finance, and service quality as they apply to the hospitality and tourism industries.
This Certificate requires a minimum of 15 credit hours of designated courses, all of which are to be taken online. If a student has taken the on-campus version of any course prior to enrollment in the Certificate, it may be substituted for the on-line version with permission of the RPTS academic advisor. Students must earn a grade of a “C” or better in each course used to meet the requirements, and an overall average of at least a 2.5 in applicable coursework.
- Applicants must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate degree program at Texas A&M and, if required, have permission from their departmental advisor to apply for the program.
- All TAMU students in any major may apply.
- An overall TAMU GPA of 2.0 or higher is required for acceptance into the HSMC program.
- Must complete the HSMC application and essay.
Course Requirements (15)
RPTS 302 (3) Applications of Tourism Principles
RPTS 331 (3) Tourism Marketing
[Prereq: RPTS 302]
RPTS 323/423 (3) Tourism Management
RPTS 421 (3) Hotel Resort Operations (ONLINE)
RPTS 444 (3) Service Quality for Hospitality Organizations (ONLINE)
[Spring & (sometimes) Summer]
- Students must earn a grade of “C” or better in each HSMC applicable course.
- Must maintain a 2.5 GPA in required HSMG courses to earn certificate
If you have questions, please contact Melyssa-Anne Stricklin at firstname.lastname@example.org