- Undergraduate Education
- Bachelors of Science, Health Education, Texas A&M University. Conferred May 1980, cum laude.
- Graduate Education
- Masters of Science, Health Education, University of Utah. Chairpersons: Dr. Dan Girdano and Dr. Jerry Braza. Conferred: March 1985.
- Professor of Excellence,awarded by Pi Beta Phi Sorority, Texas A&M University , November 5, 2012
- Teacher of the Year in Health Education, Dept. of Health and Kinesiology, Texas A&M (2011)
- Selected by “Hall of Fame” senior student as an Honored Educator, A&M Consolidated High School 2009.
- Tennis Coach of the Year for District 12 5A 2007-2008
- Star Educator,College Station I.S.D. Education Foundation 2004-2009
- Teacher of the Year, Department of Health and Kinesiology, Texas A&M University May 2001
- Fish Camp Namesake 1999, Texas A&M University
- Courses Taught
- RPTS 311 Planning and Implementation of Events and Programs
- RPTS 320 Event Management and Operations I
Program Coordinator for the Professional Event Manager Certificate Program