- Dr. Peter Witt
- Professor Emeritus
- AGLS Building
- Undergraduate Education
- University of California, Los Angeles, California, B.S., 1966
- Graduate Education
- University of Illinois, Champaign, Illinois, Ph.D., 1970
- 2010 Bush Excellence Award for Faculty Public Service.
- Elected Fellow: Academy of Leisure Sciences; Elected Member: American Academy of Park and Recreation Administration.
- Theodore and Franklin Roosevelt Award for Excellence in Recreation and Park Research, National Recreation and Park Association; Distinguished Fellow Award, Society of Park and Recreation Educators; NRPA Distinguished Professional Award. Educator of the Year Award, Texas Recreation and Parks Society; Distinguished Professional Award, Texas Recreation and Parks Society; President’s Award, Texas Recreation and Parks Society.
- Outstanding Achievement Award, American Alliance of Leisure and Recreation
- Charles K. Brightbill Award and Allen v. Sapora Award, University of Illinois.
Youth Development, program evaluation, recreation behavior, out-of-school time programs
Outcomes associated with youth participation in out-of-school time experiences. Speciality areas include evaluation of after-school programs and other out-of-school time experiences.