Students accepted into the ProRanger Program will be expected to meet the program’s listed requirements
- Must be a U.S. Citizen or U.S. National
- Must be a College Student – applicants must be accepted and enrolled in an accredited school (technical or vocational school or two year or four-year college or university).
- Maintain Course Load – applicants must be enrolled at least ½ time course load as defined by their program.
- Must be 21 Years of Age – applicants must be 21 years old at the time of application and must be no older than 37. Veterans may be exempt from the age requirements – contact the ProRanger Program Manager to discuss your situation.
- Physical Fitness Standards – Must be able to meet program physical standards, involving walking, running, lifting, standing, use of firearms, exposure to inclement weather, and participation in Physical Efficiency Battery (PEB).
- Background Checks – Must be able to pass security clearance, criminal history, and drugs screening tests.
- Must Hold a Valid Driver’s License – Applicants must hold a valid driver’s license or agree to obtain a valid driver’s license prior to beginning first summer internship.
- Commitment – Willing to make a commitment to the ProRanger Program. If you don’t know if this is the program for you – spend a little time getting to know more about the NPS, law enforcement and the ProRanger Program. You are welcome to join ProRanger activities and classes to get firsthand experience with the program.
- Application Procedure– Our ProRanger Application will be posted on this website when we are recruiting a new class. This generally occurs during the summer.