Admission from other institutions is granted on a competitive basis. Students must meet the minimum general requirements set by the University to be considered for departmental admission. The University requirements for transfer can be found on the Office of Admissions web site (http://admissions.tamu.edu/). Grade point ratio, course history, reasons for requesting the Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences major, and other indicators are reviewed. Changes in departmental capacity may influence acceptance criteria.
Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences
The minimum grade point ratio (GPR) required for your application to be considered is 2.5. You are not guaranteed admission to RPTS with a 2.5 GPR. Repeated courses will also be used in the GPA calculation. Example: If an applicant makes an F in ENGL 1301, then repeats ENGL 1301 and makes an A, the A and the F both will be used in the GPA calculation. A grade of ‘D’ is considered passing; however, a grade of ‘D’ negatively impacts the GPA. You are also required to have completed at least 24 graded semester hours of transferable courses.
Required Coursework For Admission
|Must take:||Elementary Statistical Inference||3||MATH 1342/1442||STAT 201|
|Must choose one of the following courses:||Mathematics-Business & Social Sciences||3||MATH 1324||MATH 140|
|Business Calculus||3||MATH 1325||MATH 142|
|Introduction to Logic||3||PHIL 2303||PHIL 240|
The six (6) credits of math, listed above, must be completed before applications will be considered. MATH 2413 and MATH 2414 are accepted in lieu of MATH 1324 and MATH 1325.
Repeated courses will also be used in the GPA calculation. Example: If an applicant makes an F in ENGL 1301, then repeats ENGL 1301 and makes an A, the A and the F both will be used in the GPA calculation.
A grade of ‘D’ is considered passing; however, a grade of ‘D’ negatively impacts the GPA.
To find the course equivalency at your school click here.
- Spring applicants must have math complete by the time of application.
- Summer/Fall applicants must have math complete by May (but must apply by the deadlines).
- All TAMU employees who become aware of discrimination, harassment (including sexual violence) and/or retaliation must report it regardless of how they become aware of the information.
- What is your passion?
- How did you get it?
- What is/are your career goal(s)?
- How can RPTS help you reach those goals?
- If your GPA is 2.8 or below, explain what you are actively doing to increase your GPA.
Are you putting RPTS as your 2nd choice major?
- We do look at second choice majors, but you must submit an essay directly to RPTS.
- Write a separate essay answering the questions under “Essay Help.” Send a PDF copy of the essay to firstname.lastname@example.org. The essay must include your UIN and name in the header. This essay must be emailed the same day that you submitted your Apply Texas application.