Admission from other institutions is granted on a competitive basis. Students must meet the minimum general requirements set by the University to be considered for departmental admission. The University requirements for transfer can be found on the Office of Admissions web site (http://admissions.tamu.edu/). Grade point ratio, course history, reasons for requesting the Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences or Community Development major, and other indicators are reviewed. Changes in departmental capacity may influence acceptance criteria.
Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences:
The minimum grade point ratio (GPR) required for your application to be considered is 2.5. You are not guaranteed admission to RPTS with a 2.5 GPR. Repeated courses will also be used in the GPA calculation. Example: If an applicant makes an F in ENGL 1301, then repeats ENGL 1301 and makes an A, the A and the F both will be used in the GPA calculation. A grade of ‘D’ is considered passing; however, a grade of ‘D’ negatively impacts the GPA. You are also required to have completed at least 24 graded semester hours of transferable courses.
Included in those transfer hours must be:
|REQUIRED COURSEWORK FOR ADMISSION|
|Course Title||Credits||TCCNS Number||TAMU Course Number|
|Approved Mathematics||3||MATH 1324 or 1332||MATH 140/141 or MATH 166/167|
|Approved Mathematics||3||MATH 1325 or PHIL 2303||MATH 142 or PHIL 240|
The six (6) credits of math, listed above, must be completed before applications will be considered. MATH 2413 and MATH 2414 are accepted in lieu of MATH 1324 and MATH 1325.
To find the course equivalency at your school click here.
- Spring applicants must have math complete by the time of application.
- Summer/Fall applicants must have math complete by May.
- What is your passion?
- How did you get it?
- What is/are your career goal(s)?
- How can RPTS help you get there?
- If your GPA is 2.8 or below, explain how being in RPTS will improve your academic record
Are you putting RPTS as your 2nd choice major?
- You must state why you want RPTS.
- If I don’t get into ____ major, my second choice major is Recreation, Park and Tourism Sciences…(then go on to explain why RPTS)